Emmyw
LostCousins Member
Recently I added some more Ancestors on LostCousins. In putting in the page number for the 1881 census, I found that I already had a family with that number. It seems I had a 4th cousin once removed, and a 1st cousin thrice removed living with their families in Leslie Park Road. One was a riding master and apparently lived at the Riding School. The other was a coachman, along with two brothers who lived with him, and two boarders were grooms. The coachman lived at Artillery Pl, 3 Leslie Park Road. These relations of mine were in no way related to each other, and originated from different parts of the company.
Two questions, please, with answers from your general knowledge - I am not asking that you do any research for me:
Was there an army presence in this area at some stage?
I understand that the area suffered considerable damage in a Zeppelin raid on 13 October in 1915, and the building at 3 Leslie Road is quite modern. What I do not understand is what is/was Artillery Place? It is not a road on Google Maps.
Thank you, if you can help.
Two questions, please, with answers from your general knowledge - I am not asking that you do any research for me:
Was there an army presence in this area at some stage?
I understand that the area suffered considerable damage in a Zeppelin raid on 13 October in 1915, and the building at 3 Leslie Road is quite modern. What I do not understand is what is/was Artillery Place? It is not a road on Google Maps.
Thank you, if you can help.