Britjan
LostCousins Star
2013 marks the 350th anniversary of the start of the arrival in Canada of the Les Filles du Roi. This is the group of about 800 single young French women who were assisted in their emigration to New France (Quebec) by King Louis XIV between 1663-1673. The link is to a government of Canada site and in turn I recommend the book by Yves Landry that is scanned at the site. I could read the pages listing the names of the young women with my rudimentary French and they are fascinating. Although there is some discussion among public tree owners on Ancestry Canada website I don't believe there is an official link or data base on that site.
It is said that if you have French Canadian roots 75% of your 7th or 8th generation great grandmothers were "Filles du Roi".
It is said that if you have French Canadian roots 75% of your 7th or 8th generation great grandmothers were "Filles du Roi".