• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Keighley area resources

The Keighley Family History Centre is well worth a visit. It is in the local library which is a splendid example of a Carnegie building and was restored a few years ago. It will always remain a favourite of mine because the staff helped me with more details of an incident in my family's past which had always troubled me. This was through a newspaper account of my great uncle's funeral after an unfortunate accident and contained information I had been unable to find elsewhere. How I subsequently obtained some personal "closure" I've described in a separate posting.
 
Back
Top