CarolB08
LostCousins Member
I have been doing some research on my husbands family and have come across a ancestor who in 1914 enlisted in the Kings Royal Rifle Corps aged 49 years and 9 months ! There is a letter in his file from a senior officer asking how the heck this man was allowed to enlist "at his age" however he seems to have been allowed to stay in the British expeditionary force by being shunted sideways into the Army Service Corps loaders and packers branch heavy repair shop in Paris, France.
I am however having trouble finding him on the Lives of the first world war web site he does not show up by name, number or regiment, am I just not searching right or is there a possibility he has not been added yet ?
I am however having trouble finding him on the Lives of the first world war web site he does not show up by name, number or regiment, am I just not searching right or is there a possibility he has not been added yet ?