• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Inspired by Gordon Honeycombe

DeeD

New Member
How many remember that in 1979, Gordon Honeycombe presented a ground breaking series called Family History? I think there were about 5 or 6 programmes, each showed his research into his family history and the origins of the Honeycombe name. I was fascinated by the series and felt inspired to trace my own family history of which I new very little. A book was released based on the programme and showed the resources available for tracing your own family history. I bought the book and that was the start of many years of researching, with trips down to London to visit St Catherine's House General Register Office courtesy of Persil rail coupons, which when you had sufficient could be used to buy British Rail vouchers.

Oh how much easier it is to access records now, but despite years of searching, I still have some brick walls!
 
Back
Top