• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

information in the 1939 register

whollyjoe

Member
I would like to ask the question "Can anyone tell me what the letters O,V,S,P,or I -at the top of column 5 of the 1939 register signify?"
Can I add this question to the existing threads on the 1939 register?
 
Most people are recorded as a member of a household. Some people are recorded as a member of an institution. In this case, they are classified with one of 5 letters:

  • O – Officer
  • V – Visitor
  • S – Servant
  • P – Patient
  • I – Inmate
 
My Pleasure. If you scroll down the search page you'll find that info.
 
Back
Top