AnneC
LostCousins Star
Anne, as I add more features extra things will be revealed. It struck me when I was adding support for age facts that I wasn't actually reporting anything about custom fact types I was ignoring. So I decided I'd report that during load and load the facts anyway. Thus it should pickup and display more facts.
So you don't actually need to do anything it's simply a warning that there are custom fact types it doesn't understand. eg: one of the testers discovered that he had a custom fact type of censuss 1871. This was getting ignored but he could clearly see that it was just a typo on his behalf so he was able to fix it.
BTW on the date errors I may be able to do something about that if you can give me an example. I take it they are all just 3 digit years?
Thanks Alexander for explaining this - I can see that the fact types are generally custom ones
Recorded unknown fact type Banns
Recorded unknown fact type Divorced
Recorded unknown fact type Petition
Recorded unknown fact type Possible marriage
Recorded unknown fact type Employment
Recorded unknown fact type Address
and some I can change to be more consistent (Employment to Occupation for example).
The date errors are:
Error parsing date 'ABT 966' for I15317: William' error message was : String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.
Error parsing date 'BEF 963' for I15318: Guillaume TALVAS' error message was : String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.
Error parsing date 'ABT 980' for I15319: Matilda DE GANELON' error message was : String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.
Error parsing date 'ABT 942' for I15320: Yves DE CREIL' error message was : String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.
Error parsing date '997' for I15320: Yves DE CREIL' error message was : startIndex cannot be larger than length of string.
I have tried removing the ABT and BEF, but it makes no difference - I just get a different error (see last entry). As you can see there are only a few, so I'm not concerned, but if there is a fix, it may help others with more really old ancestors.