Jennie
LostCousins Member
The Genealogy and Local History of the Wirksworth Area, Derbyshire, England from 1600s-1900s lists over 420,000 original records
If you are looking for a particular or a rare surname, and have the time, try doing a thorough search of ALL databases in this website. A search for “All surnames” in the major databases is available and each database has its own Index.
[Because of the magnitude of the transcriptions given on this site and my rarer surnames, I do a quick search through the "All Surnames" just to re-assure myself (!), then I find it more accurate to go through each individual database which does, sometimes, add another record or two. I then copy and paste to a document those databases I have searched. And, lastly, I endeavour to check my findings at the original sources of the information.]
If you are looking for a particular or a rare surname, and have the time, try doing a thorough search of ALL databases in this website. A search for “All surnames” in the major databases is available and each database has its own Index.
[Because of the magnitude of the transcriptions given on this site and my rarer surnames, I do a quick search through the "All Surnames" just to re-assure myself (!), then I find it more accurate to go through each individual database which does, sometimes, add another record or two. I then copy and paste to a document those databases I have searched. And, lastly, I endeavour to check my findings at the original sources of the information.]