• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

FTAnalyzer field FamilySearchID

MartinB..

LostCousins Member
On some FTA reports (eg Lost Cousins facts with no facts found to identify Country) there is a column headed FamilySearchID.

How should include this information in my GEDCOM to have it shown here? I've looked at the FTA website and can't find anything to answer this query; apologies if I've missed it.

The only reference I can find is associated with Updated Release Version 7.7.1 from 22 Apr 2020 where it simply says "Added FamilySearchID recognition and clickable link in Individuals Report"

Thanks,

Martin
 
Last edited:
Hi Martin,

It picks up records where the FamilySearchID has been added by your familly history software. Typically this is FTM 2017/2019 that allows you to connect your records to FamilySearch. I believe that RootsMagic does something similar but I've not used it. When connected it adds an appropriate GEDCOM tag that then gets picked up and used by FTAnalyzer. A typical tag is...

1 FSID 9HJY-TTK

That's it one line with a tag of FSID and then the ID number.
 
Back
Top