PhilGee
LostCousins Member
I use Linux for most of my computer activity, so I have only recently installed FTA on my "Win 7" virtual machine. I now wonder why I delayed as it has found quite a few errors already! I should add that my underlying database is actually spreadsheet based, for personal reasons, and I generate GEDCOM files of families/family groups in a number of different levels of content, such as full or "internet".
For LostCousins data, I have been developing a special "combined families" generator and run the output through FTA, giving the added benefit of checking for anomalies in the database. As part of the CENS data, I add a note
I'm not yet familier with FTA, so not sure if this is intentional.
Phil
For LostCousins data, I have been developing a special "combined families" generator and run the output through FTA, giving the added benefit of checking for anomalies in the database. As part of the CENS data, I add a note
though for Ancestry I add it to the CENS entry instead to make it visible2 NOTE [Census Name: Henry Scott; Age: 15 (1886)]
However, I have found that FTA objects to the NOTE with the 1911 census, flagging an "unknown census ref", but seems happy with it attached to the other years. The "Ancestry" format is always accepted.1 CENS Reference: RG13, Piece 2123, Folio 51, Page 4, Schedule 26 [Census Name: Henry Scott; Age: 15 (1886)]
I'm not yet familier with FTA, so not sure if this is intentional.
Phil