I have discovered that a Postem has been added to a FreeBMD entry for my father's brother's family. Is there any way that I can make contact with the person who made the entry?
I suspect that the answer is, only if the Postem includes a contact email address. As the Postem FAQ says, There is no point in leaving a request for information unless you also leave a contact email address. There might be a slight chance that it's a correction by someone unconnected, but if it's additional info it's tempting to think that it's someone also researching that person.
Many thanks to Tony and Katie Bee for their replies. Yes, it seems that someone else is researching this family branch which is surprising in a family whose members seem singularly disinterested in family history. I can understand the risks involved in disclosing ones' email address. What a pity that this so.
If they have left pertinent information on FreeBMD, then it's likely that they will have a family tree online somewhere. It maybe private, but that doesn't stop you searching for them and finding them. Review the private trees on Ancestry.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.