• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Free Access to Australian Immigration Records over Easter

Thank you for posting this. I have had a happy few hours checking immigration records and learnt a lesson about reading carefully.

I found what looked like a relative. One of the records had a column titled "Relations in the Colony"

It said "Sister Margaret's child living at ..." My relative did have a sister Margaret so I was confident this was her. I just did a quick check on my tree to see what I had for Margaret.

To my surprise she had married a "Hugh Childs"

I checked the immigration record again. It didn't say "Sister Margaret's child living at ..." it said "Sister Margaret Childs living at ..."
 
Back
Top