PhilGee
LostCousins Member
It's a minor irritation, really, as I can "correct" it semi-automatically and it occurs infrequently. It relates to the transcription for someone in an "institution" - school, hospital, some hotels, etc - where there is no equivalent of the "household members" table before the column of data. For comparison, a single member household is fine.
The other "institution" change, compared with 2012, is that the "complete list" of people is no longer available. I find it interesting to see the person "in context", though an edited transcript showing all family members present (eg husband/wife) is my primary reference.
Anyone else find this a strange decision by FMP or am I somewhat unique in liking a consistent look and feel from transcriptions?*
Phil
* So much so, that I now have a semi-automated process, together with a PDF to text output (Linux/Okular) for existing complete institution lists, to produce a consistent format based on the 2012 layout and am regenerating the (various formats) PDF pages before printing copies
The other "institution" change, compared with 2012, is that the "complete list" of people is no longer available. I find it interesting to see the person "in context", though an edited transcript showing all family members present (eg husband/wife) is my primary reference.
Anyone else find this a strange decision by FMP or am I somewhat unique in liking a consistent look and feel from transcriptions?*
Phil
* So much so, that I now have a semi-automated process, together with a PDF to text output (Linux/Okular) for existing complete institution lists, to produce a consistent format based on the 2012 layout and am regenerating the (various formats) PDF pages before printing copies