• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Finding Client's missing father from Family Finder test

I am new to using FF to help in tracing. I have a client whose mother is still alive and asked me to trace her father. The clients mother knew some facts about the father such as he went on to marry and have a daughter and his approximate age and occupation. I think I have found the daughter/ half sister but the father has since died. So would FF be a way forward?
Absolutely - just so long as the daughter of the putative father is prepared to test. It will be obvious whether your hypothesis is correct or not.

And if you click the relevant link in my newsletter you'll also be helping to support LostCousins!
 
Sorry I couldn't get back to you before this latest newsletter went out, Peter, but they are happy to have an article written about it.


And in a funny twist, I was going back along one of the branches, found a familiar name and it turns out we're distant cousins thanks to gateway ancestors! :cool:
 
Sorry I couldn't get back to you before this latest newsletter went out, Peter, but they are happy to have an article written about it.
Thanks - that's great. And don't worry about missing the latest issue, it was quite long enough!!!!
 
Back
Top