• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Finding all ancestor census records to add to the Lost Cousins data base

I don't use FTA and think the important thing is to be methodical in whatever way suits you best. I'd been researching my family tree for almost 15 years when I joined Lost Cousins so I started by inputting all the census information I already had. I think I entered what I had on my ancestors first, then moved on to their children and siblings, working methodically through each branch one at a time. It took a while but I go there in the end.

I probably could have very quickly added a custom fact to each person as I went along, but it didn't occur to me as at the time I didn't really know anything about FTA, and I was happy with the methodical approach I was using.

Having entered all my existing information I then made entering newly found census information at Lost Cousins part and parcel of my ongoing research.
 
Back
Top