DavidP
LostCousins Member
Just a heads up on the latest news from FMP concerning their release of 'browsable probate calendars of England and Wales for 1858 - 1959'.
I've noticed that the records are not always in order for any particular year. For instance 1861 for surnames beginning with 'C' start with Wills for "Coq - Cz", then move on to Administration for "Ca - Cz", then jump back to Wills for "Ca - Cop". There are 489 pages that have been scanned and it looks like it is the way the volumes have been scanned.
I've just spent the afternoon checking on another surname and didn't spot this, so have to go back and redo my work (sob!)
It's a pity they are not searchable by name, but still a useful resource.
I've noticed that the records are not always in order for any particular year. For instance 1861 for surnames beginning with 'C' start with Wills for "Coq - Cz", then move on to Administration for "Ca - Cz", then jump back to Wills for "Ca - Cop". There are 489 pages that have been scanned and it looks like it is the way the volumes have been scanned.
I've just spent the afternoon checking on another surname and didn't spot this, so have to go back and redo my work (sob!)
It's a pity they are not searchable by name, but still a useful resource.