kiwilong
LostCousins Member
Greetings from New Zealand.
My gg grandmother was Anna Giblett d/o Jacob and Mary Giblett. She appears in the 1841 census at Lamyatt residing with her mother and nephew. She married Francis Worthington Long in 1843.
Anna was the youngest of 9 children, the first 8 all born and baptised in Meare but I have never been able to find a birth record for Anna. The 8th child born in 1809 was named Hannah and I have to wonder if Anna was taken in by the Giblett family at some point. Her father is noted as Jacob, Yeoman, on the marriage certificate. I bought Jacob's will but it simply leaves all to Mary and to be split evenly among his children on her death.
Maybe some member of the forum is able to throw some light on this, my favourite brick wall, i've been chasing it for quite a number of years.
kiwilong.
My gg grandmother was Anna Giblett d/o Jacob and Mary Giblett. She appears in the 1841 census at Lamyatt residing with her mother and nephew. She married Francis Worthington Long in 1843.
Anna was the youngest of 9 children, the first 8 all born and baptised in Meare but I have never been able to find a birth record for Anna. The 8th child born in 1809 was named Hannah and I have to wonder if Anna was taken in by the Giblett family at some point. Her father is noted as Jacob, Yeoman, on the marriage certificate. I bought Jacob's will but it simply leaves all to Mary and to be split evenly among his children on her death.
Maybe some member of the forum is able to throw some light on this, my favourite brick wall, i've been chasing it for quite a number of years.
kiwilong.