There is a family story that we are, or some of us are, descendants of Mary Seaton, daughter of one of the Lords of Seton. As she spent most of her adult life in prison with Mary Queen of Scots and then became a nun in France I though the idea was one of the numerous 'lets make our ancestors important' stories.
I have over the years come across several other people from the Tyneside are who have the same story, but I have not managed to contact any of them. It occurred to me that there is a slim chance a LostCousin member might have heard this story or be able to give some new research ideas to prove or disprove the story.
There is a blog post that gives more information and links to several research pages. I would be most interested in any comments or ideas or hearing from anyone who has heard the story.
I have over the years come across several other people from the Tyneside are who have the same story, but I have not managed to contact any of them. It occurred to me that there is a slim chance a LostCousin member might have heard this story or be able to give some new research ideas to prove or disprove the story.
There is a blog post that gives more information and links to several research pages. I would be most interested in any comments or ideas or hearing from anyone who has heard the story.