BrianTunWells
LostCousins Member
I have been contacted by Tom Burnell of the St Mary's Famine History Museum in Thurles. Tom has taken it upon himself to ensure that all soldiers, who gave their lives in WW1 and are buried in one of the 26 counties of the Republic, are recognised with a Commonwealth Graves Commission marker at their place of interment.
He picked up an old blog of mine concerning the wounding and soon afterwards death at home of my wife's maternal grandfather and now, with the death registration I have provided, he is seeking to have a marker placed in Stickillen Cemetery near Ardee, Co. Louth.
If you know of a soldier's grave, which has not been identified by the GWGC, I feel sure Tom would like to hear from you. Write to museum-tom@hotmail.com
He picked up an old blog of mine concerning the wounding and soon afterwards death at home of my wife's maternal grandfather and now, with the death registration I have provided, he is seeking to have a marker placed in Stickillen Cemetery near Ardee, Co. Louth.
If you know of a soldier's grave, which has not been identified by the GWGC, I feel sure Tom would like to hear from you. Write to museum-tom@hotmail.com