It was Christmas Dinner 9 yrs ago and my sister was recounting an article in a newspaper which said something along the lines of only 3 out of 10 people could name all 8 of their Gt Grandparents. We could name 7 but the 8th was a mystery even for our mother - all we knew was she was Irish. My mother said her father didn't remember his mother or know her name as she died when he was very young. The challenge was set. To find her name I went to Dublin to get my grandfather's birth certificate - only problem as I was to find out years later was his birth was registered with her named incorrectly as Mildred so I didn't stand much chance in finding her death. However, challenge laid down gauntlet, helmet, chest protector, and horse well and truly picked up and I've been running (crawling and tottering more correctly ever since). My mother's father's side is fascinating and last summer all my christmases and birthdays came at once with the rediscovery of a lead trunk, which we thought was lost, full to the gunnels with photographs, albums, scrap books and the king's jaw bone - family story but but here in a box is a jaw bone. totally hooked now and back in September 2012 I co hosted with another cousin a worldwide family reunion of all the descendants of our 3xGt Grandfather. We had relations from Canada, USA, Australia, Belguim & UK attend. And the start of all this research - Sarah Gailey from Donegal - my Gt Grandmother - so now I have all 8.