Having done a DNA test with Ancestry I created an online tree to link with my DNA results. It is restricted to direct ancestors and their brothers and sisters (all with spouses where applicable). I use Family Tree Maker so created a file with those people exported from other trees. I do not have a current Ancestry subscription but found i could synchronise the FTM tree with the DNA linked online tree.
My FTM tree has a complete set of Census facts with parish and county (but not country). When Ancestry was free over the Easter weekend I added some Ancestry Sources to some of my direct ancestors. That has worked well for parish baptisms, marriages and burials where available but I have a problem with Census facts.
Instead of the sources being linked to the Census facts Ancestry appears to have created new Residence facts. None of the census sources have been linked to my census facts although they are linked to birth facts. After synchronising the Residence facts are also now in my offline FTM tree.
Have I done something wrong or is this a known problem? A cousin has found the same issue. I have noticed that there are some differences in the addresses. For example I have a Census fact with Marylebone, London but Ancestry has created the Residence Fact as St Marylebone, London, England. I have Kennington, Lambeth, Surrey and Ancestry has Lambeth, Surrey, England.
The created residence facts do have the relationship to head of household which is nice to have, but I would prefer to have just census facts if possible.
Any suggestions?
My FTM tree has a complete set of Census facts with parish and county (but not country). When Ancestry was free over the Easter weekend I added some Ancestry Sources to some of my direct ancestors. That has worked well for parish baptisms, marriages and burials where available but I have a problem with Census facts.
Instead of the sources being linked to the Census facts Ancestry appears to have created new Residence facts. None of the census sources have been linked to my census facts although they are linked to birth facts. After synchronising the Residence facts are also now in my offline FTM tree.
Have I done something wrong or is this a known problem? A cousin has found the same issue. I have noticed that there are some differences in the addresses. For example I have a Census fact with Marylebone, London but Ancestry has created the Residence Fact as St Marylebone, London, England. I have Kennington, Lambeth, Surrey and Ancestry has Lambeth, Surrey, England.
The created residence facts do have the relationship to head of household which is nice to have, but I would prefer to have just census facts if possible.
Any suggestions?