I have a brick wall for one set of 4th great great grandparents that is not helped by my being unsure of my 4th great grandmother's maiden name. My 3rd great grandfather in that line is William Sunlay born 1800. He was born in Prescot, Lancs and his parents were William Sunley and Mary. William Sunley obtained a marriage license to marry Mary Collingwood on 3rd August, 1799 at St Peter, Liverpool. On the marriage bond, he is listed as a soldier. On 4th August, 1799, William Sanley (soldier and bricklayer) married Mary Coldwell at St Peter by license. I have a copy of the original records of the parish marriage, bond and license. William couldn't write to judge by the fact he signed with a mark so I guess someone made a mistake on the bride's name and a pretty bad one! Any thoughts on whether the license or marriage name for Mary is more likely to be correct? I'm not sure if the misspelling of Sunley as Sanley on the Parish marriage means that is more likely to be wrong?