• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Blacksmiths - what was life like?

I am in the process of adding some reminiscences my mother ( b 1914) wrote in her 80th year to my family tree and I came across a recollection she had of visiting the smithy at Penshurst in Kent around 1923. She recalled the name of the blacksmith, who was a friend of her father, and I looked up the 1911 census to verify it. When I found a postcard of the smithy on line and looked closely at the image there was the name of the family written over the door.
 
Back
Top