Agreed Peter although I was thinking more of where the county has been omitted or even the parish omitted and all you have is things like "Mill of Somewhere" with no other address details. That in my eyes is a data error as it is fairly meaningless. It should really be at a minimum "Mill of somewhere, some parish, some county" possibly "Mill of somewhere, some parish, some county, some country".
Worse when its in a town and the address is simply recorded as "High Street" with no town name, no county, no nothing. I've seen this in some test data individuals sent to me so it is data people have in their live trees.
Errors like these can be seen in the Locations tab, if the country name isn't a meaningful country it probably means the program couldn't work out which County you'd entered. This is either because it doesn't exist or there is a variation on a name I'd not coded for. In which case I'd be interested to hear about "unidentified counties" so I can fix it for a future version.
Worse when its in a town and the address is simply recorded as "High Street" with no town name, no county, no nothing. I've seen this in some test data individuals sent to me so it is data people have in their live trees.
Errors like these can be seen in the Locations tab, if the country name isn't a meaningful country it probably means the program couldn't work out which County you'd entered. This is either because it doesn't exist or there is a variation on a name I'd not coded for. In which case I'd be interested to hear about "unidentified counties" so I can fix it for a future version.