Can someone explain this, I'm confused?
I have a known 2nd cousin 3xremoved (RA) with whom I share 35 cM on Myheritage. I know that his mother (TH), who is my 2nd cousin twice removed, has also tested on Myheritage because one of my matches gave me access to her results and TH is amongst her matches. However I do not match TH so I assumed that I must be related to RA through his father too.
A few days ago, TH's mother (SF) appeared amongst my matches on Myheritage. SF is my 2nd cousin once removed. I share 75 cM with her.
Now here is the strange thing. When I look at my shared matches with RA and SF, I find three triangulated segments. One of them is small (5 cM) but the others are 12 and 14 cM. Surely if I share the same pieces of DNA with a lady and her grandson, I should share those segments with the person in between too. Why don't I match TH?
I have a known 2nd cousin 3xremoved (RA) with whom I share 35 cM on Myheritage. I know that his mother (TH), who is my 2nd cousin twice removed, has also tested on Myheritage because one of my matches gave me access to her results and TH is amongst her matches. However I do not match TH so I assumed that I must be related to RA through his father too.
A few days ago, TH's mother (SF) appeared amongst my matches on Myheritage. SF is my 2nd cousin once removed. I share 75 cM with her.
Now here is the strange thing. When I look at my shared matches with RA and SF, I find three triangulated segments. One of them is small (5 cM) but the others are 12 and 14 cM. Surely if I share the same pieces of DNA with a lady and her grandson, I should share those segments with the person in between too. Why don't I match TH?