kiwilong
LostCousins Member
I have a conundrum which over the years many people have tried hard to assist me in finding a solution to, including on this forum. The details of my brick wall are to be found in my post of 2016.
However, just recently I purchased an Ancestry DNA test with the idea of solving my brick wall.
I have read and tried to understand Peter's master class and in particular followed his suggestion of how to get the best from my results.
The name "Giblett"is sufficiently rare and when entered into the surname search box I am rewarded with 5 hits, two of which are the same tree and in fact this tree includes Anna's supposed grandparents, Jacob and Martha Giblett. The other 3 people all confirm their relationship to a Giblett family of Meare or at least Somerset.
So, I share some DNA with 5 other people all of whom have a possible connection to Anna's supposed family and as I am descended from Anna herself ,it's easy to jump to the conclusion that Anna is a blood relative of the Giblett's of Meare, problem solved after all those years, BUT!! is it?
My bit of shared DNA I suppose could be through a different family line and if there were only one hit might be a possibility but with 5 separate people am I right to now close the case of Anna's ancestry?
I would be happy to hear any thoughts and opinions.
Cheers.
kiwilong.
However, just recently I purchased an Ancestry DNA test with the idea of solving my brick wall.
I have read and tried to understand Peter's master class and in particular followed his suggestion of how to get the best from my results.
The name "Giblett"is sufficiently rare and when entered into the surname search box I am rewarded with 5 hits, two of which are the same tree and in fact this tree includes Anna's supposed grandparents, Jacob and Martha Giblett. The other 3 people all confirm their relationship to a Giblett family of Meare or at least Somerset.
So, I share some DNA with 5 other people all of whom have a possible connection to Anna's supposed family and as I am descended from Anna herself ,it's easy to jump to the conclusion that Anna is a blood relative of the Giblett's of Meare, problem solved after all those years, BUT!! is it?
My bit of shared DNA I suppose could be through a different family line and if there were only one hit might be a possibility but with 5 separate people am I right to now close the case of Anna's ancestry?
I would be happy to hear any thoughts and opinions.
Cheers.
kiwilong.