Bob Spiers
LostCousins Superstar
It is rare these days I change my details in Ancestry but I wanted to remove the 'shaky leaf' Hint Notification from one of my secondary Trees (researched for someone else who has since passed on) and went into 'Hint' Preferences. I duly removed the Hint notification and glanced down the page and found something I had not seen before under the heading Search Preferences.
Established Researchers will know that there was once a much loved Old Search until New Search took over. Now I believe it is possible to manually switch back and forth if you wish (I haven't tried of late as I always opt for New Search until it fails me -or I try Find my Past ) but here it offered a tick box labelled "Use category exact mode (simulates old search)" It further explained "Simulates old search by defaulting to required matches on all four fields and displaying results in category view"
I have not opted to use this but perhaps others may well wish to do so. (Click on the green leaf symbol at the top and in the drop down box at the bottom go to Hint Preferences. Search Preferences is at the bottom of the page)
Established Researchers will know that there was once a much loved Old Search until New Search took over. Now I believe it is possible to manually switch back and forth if you wish (I haven't tried of late as I always opt for New Search until it fails me -or I try Find my Past ) but here it offered a tick box labelled "Use category exact mode (simulates old search)" It further explained "Simulates old search by defaulting to required matches on all four fields and displaying results in category view"
I have not opted to use this but perhaps others may well wish to do so. (Click on the green leaf symbol at the top and in the drop down box at the bottom go to Hint Preferences. Search Preferences is at the bottom of the page)
Last edited: