The indexed 1921 Canadian census was just released today by Ancestry.ca, and all seems to be working correctly with it now. So much better indexed, than having to browse hundreds of pages.
The indexed 1921 Canadian census was just released today by Ancestry.ca, and all seems to be working correctly with it now. So much better indexed, than having to browse hundreds of pages.
It is great to have this indexed; however, the transcription is very, very poor, at least the areas in Manitoba where I have a lot of family. I have sent in numerous corrections in the past 3 hours. It would be wise to check the originals.
It is great to have this indexed; however, the transcription is very, very poor, at least the areas in Manitoba where I have a lot of family. I have sent in numerous corrections in the past 3 hours. It would be wise to check the originals.
I know what you mean, as my mother's maiden name was misspelled, and on the first day the indexed version came out, corrections couldn't be made. The next day things were ok, so I was finally able to correct.
I know what you mean, as my mother's maiden name was misspelled, and on the first day the indexed version came out, corrections couldn't be made. The next day things were ok, so I was finally able to correct.
I have one couple whose race is Irish and English, and the transcription showed them as being Lithuanian! When I checked the original, there were several in a row, all English, all transcribed as Lithuanian.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.