• Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

  • If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  • This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  • It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Ancestry British Army World War II Medal Cards

RosieR

LostCousins Member
I found the simplest way of looking at these medal cards without buying a subscription to Fold3 is to right-click on the image, choose copy image, then paste it into Irfanview
 
You don't need a paid subscription to Fold3, you just need to be signed in. I've had no problem downloading these images for free.

I've found the search results on Ancestry (using Peter's link) to be a bit hit and miss though, every time I hit refresh it seems to bring up a different number of hits. Could be a wider issue with the site?

EDIT: Just to clarify, the records are free on Forces War Records, the UK version of Fold3, but apparently not on Fold3 itself.
 
Last edited:
I found the simplest way of looking at these medal cards without buying a subscription to Fold3 is to right-click on the image, choose copy image, then paste it into Irfanview
'Copy image' doesn't come up as an option when I right-click (using Chrome), hence the work-around in the newsletter.
 
Hmm, it must have been free access for Remembrance weekend only, I did wonder but it wasn't at all obvious.
 
Back
Top