Tomb
LostCousins Member
I and my two sisters lost our mother to meningitis on the last day of December, 1941, in Rugby, Warwickshire. I was just over two years old, Grace our maiden aunt stepped into the breach and in 1947 she took we children out to Singapore to join our father. Grace found the tropics unbearable, and took us to the cooler climes of Melbourne, Australia. Our father’s lucrative job in Singapore financed our formative years at boarding school and we only saw him on leave every three years. With no other family in Melbourne and no contact with any of our parent’s family in England we were strangers to our own birthright. In 1961 my wife and I spent three years in England on a working honeymoon/holiday. I was thrilled to discover family members and the hint of a fascinating ancestry. I was hooked! In 1974 with only correspondence to go by, eager to find out who I was, I started the long road of piecing together my lineage.