Pauline
LostCousins Megastar
I have recently made a match via an entry from the 1911 census, and at the same time was advised that the details for one member of the household needed checking.
This was a family I entered some time ago, and following the advice given - "for this census take the data from the handwritten census if the transcription is wrong" - I entered the forenames of this person as "Ena Grace". The transcription at both Findmypast and Ancestry has her as "Eva Grace".
It is quite difficult to tell from the image whether the original says Eva or Ena, but on balance I would say Ena. However, I also happen to know from her birth and marriage records that she was Ena, and I guess that could influence my interpretation of the handwriting.
My instinct is to leave the entry as I entered it - "Ena Grace" - but am I doing the right thing?
Also, one of the children in this household is omitted from the match. Does that mean the other person hasn't entered that person?
This was a family I entered some time ago, and following the advice given - "for this census take the data from the handwritten census if the transcription is wrong" - I entered the forenames of this person as "Ena Grace". The transcription at both Findmypast and Ancestry has her as "Eva Grace".
It is quite difficult to tell from the image whether the original says Eva or Ena, but on balance I would say Ena. However, I also happen to know from her birth and marriage records that she was Ena, and I guess that could influence my interpretation of the handwriting.
My instinct is to leave the entry as I entered it - "Ena Grace" - but am I doing the right thing?
Also, one of the children in this household is omitted from the match. Does that mean the other person hasn't entered that person?